American Pork Boston Butt In Salt Cocoon
Prep Time: 2 hours
American Pork Boston Butt 1200 g
salt 10 g
paprika 5 g
black peppercorn 5 g
dry garlic 3 g
coriander 2 g
coarse salt 3 kg
white of 3 eggs
water 150 ml
onion 40 g
vegetable oil 20 g
white wine 20 g
salt 2 g
sugar 1 g
ground black pepper 1 g
parmesan cheese 10 g
1. Prepare the dry rub mixture by grinding the spices in a mortar and rub the pork shoulder piece with the spice mixture on all sides.
2. Prepare a mixture for making a salt cocoon and wrap it around a piece of pork shoulder on all sides.
3. Put the meat in the salt cocoon into the convection steamer and bake for 1.5 hours at 180°C.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Heat the saucepan, cut the onion into small cubes and fry in vegetable oil. Add white wine, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and grated parmesan cheese. Cook until smooth, stirring and shaking from time to time.
5. Remove the salt cocoon from the combi steamer, break the cocoon with a spoon and remove the pork shoulder. Remove the remaining salt from the surface of the meat and cut into slices.
6. Serve on potato cheesecake cushion or mashed potatoes with sauce. Garnish the dish with fresh arugula.