North Carolina BBQ Pork Tenderloin With Mop Sauce
Prep Time: 40 mins.
|2 tbsp dark brown sugar, packed|
|1 tbsp paprika|
|1 tbsp chili powder|
|1 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp salt|
|1⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1⁄3 cup ketchup|
|1⁄4 cup cider vinegar|
|2 tbsp molasses|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|1 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of all visible fat|
|1 pepper, freshly ground, to taste|
1. Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray; prepare the grill for indirect heating.
2. Prepare the spice rub: combine brown sugar, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, and pepper in bowl.
3. Rub half of the mixture all over the pork and let stand for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the mop sauce: combine ketchup, vinegar, molasses, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
5. Rub the pork with the remaining spice rub.
6. Place over the indirect heat section of the grill.
7. Grill for 15 minutes.
8. Turn the pork and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat registers 160 degrees F (71 degrees C), 12-15 minutes longer.
9. Remove from the grill, cover loosely with foil, and let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
10. Serve with the mop sauce.
11. Per serving: 5 SmartPoints; 5 PointsPlus; 4 POINTS (old)