Grilled Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Prep Time: 60 mins.
|2 pork tenderloins (about 1lb. each)|
|1/2 cup peach slices|
|1/2 cup ketchup|
|1 1/2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)|
|1/2 tablespoon molasses|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|8 slices pork bacon|
1. Once you remove your tenderloin from its packaging, you’ll want to remove the silver “skin” that runs down one side, and then let the tenderloins sit for about 30 minutes to come to room temperature. Depending on what type of grill you have, you may want to go ahead and start pre-heating your grill at this point.
2. For the marinade: Combine the peach slices, ketchup, sugar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
3. For the pork tenderloins: Once the tenderloins have sat out for about 30 minutes, coat them evenly with the marinade on all sides. Set aside on a tray or pan.
4. Next take your slices of bacon and wrap them around the pork tenderloins and secure with a toothpick or small wooden skewer.
5. Add your prepared tenderloins to your grill. If possible, avoid putting them directly over a flame. Instead heat one side of the grill and place the tenderloins on the other side so they are getting indirect heat. You’ll cook the tenderloins with the grill lid closed for about 20-25 minutes (turning half way through) until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
6. Once they are finished cooking, remove the tenderloins from the grill and let them rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice into 3-4oz portions and enjoy!
Courtesy of the National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa.