Ground American Pork Black Bean Enchiladas with Green Chile Sauce
Prep Time: 40 minutes
454 grams ground pork
425 grams canned black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 white onion (diced)
226 grams shredded pepper jack cheese
2 Tbsp. steak seasoning
1 Tbsp. olive oil
237 ml sour cream
123 grams Greek yogurt
3 cans diced green chiles (4.5 oz per can)
16 grams cilantro leaves
1/2 jalapeño pepper
3 green onions (sliced)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 limes (juiced)
1 clove garlic
8 tortillas (fajita, 6-8, or 4 burrito sized tortillas)
25 grams Cotija cheese (for topping)
4 grams cilantro (for topping)
37 grams jalapeños (for topping)
1. In a skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the ground pork and cook until it is browned all the way through and reaches an internal temperature of 160°F (about 7 minutes).
4. Sprinkle on the steak seasoning and add in black beans. Stir to combine.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
6. In a blender or food processor combine, sour cream, Greek yogurt, green chiles, cilantro leaves, jalapeno, green onions, salt, pepper, garlic and lime juice and blend until smooth. If it feels like it’s too thick, add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin it out, and blend.
7. Begin assembling the enchiladas by sprinkling cheese on the tortilla, then 1/4 cup of the pork mixture (or 1/2 -1 cup for burrito sized tortillas), fold the tortillas up burrito style and line them up in a baking dish.
8. Repeat until all enchiladas are complete and pour the green chile sauce over top.
9. Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
10. Remove and top with cotija cheese, cilantro, and sliced jalapeños. Enjoy!
Courtesy of the National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa.