Mojito Pork Roast
Prep Time: 55 minutes
7/16 pound canola oil
Less than 1/16 pounds black pepper
Less than 1/16 pounds cumin
3/8 pound fresh mint
3/16 pound kosher salt
3/16 pound fresh cilantro
3/8 pound fresh oregano
1 3/4 pounds lime juice
1 3/4 pounds orange juice
9/16 pound yellow onions
3/8 pound garlic
2 pounds pork stock (or chicken stock)
12 pounds fresh leg of pork
1. Combine chopped garlic, chopped yellow onion, orange juice, and lime juice.
2. Add canola oil, kosher salt, black pepper, ground cumin, oregano, cilantro and mint.
3. Place the combined marinade in a food processor for 1 minute.
4. Pour marinade over pork and place in fridge for 2 hours to overnight.
5. Heat stock and 1 pound of marinade and bring to a simmer.
6. Remove pork leg from marinade, sear in hot skillet until golden brown. Place in deep roasting pan and pour hot stock over.
7. Cover with parchment paper and foil and place in 375 degree oven for 3 hours or until fork tender.
8. Serve with accompaniments.
Courtesy of the National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa.