Pineapple-Glazed Pork Loin
Prep Time: 100 minutes
4 lb. boneless pork loin roast (3–4 lb.)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 cup fresh pineapple (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 Tbsp. ginger paste (spreadable or squeeze ginger)
1 tsp. ground ginger
1. Score the top of the loin in 1-inch diamonds with a sharp knife (1/4 inch deep).
2. Combine all other ingredients. Pour half over the pork and reserve the other half (roughly one cup) for basting. Let loin marinate 2 hours to overnight in refrigerator.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove pork from refrigerator and discard used marinade.
4. Roast pork for roughly 15-20 minutes per pound, or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145°F.
5. Lightly warm the reserved marinade in a saucepan. When the pork is close to done, baste the roast with the reserved marinade during the last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking.
6. Remove roast from heat; let rest 3 minutes.
Courtesy of the National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa.