Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Prep Time: 6 hours
3 1/2 lb. pork belly
1/2 cup pork seasoning (your favorite)
2 cups barbecue sauce
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1/4 cup honey (hot, optional)
1. Trim all silver skin and hard fat off the top of the pork belly. Trim the skin off the bottom of the pork belly.
2. Cut the pork belly into 1.5" strips, then cut again into 1.5"x1.5" cubes. Liberally season with your favorite pork seasoning.
3. Preheat smoker or grill to 225 degrees. Place pork belly cubes into the smoker and smoke for 3 hours.
4. Remove pork belly from smoker, place them into a foil pan and add in the barbecue sauce, more seasoning, butter, and hot honey (if desired). Return to smoker for 1.5-2 hours.
5. Remove the foil pan from smoker and uncover. Let rest for 10 minutes, then serve.
Courtesy of the National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa.