Prep Time: 60 minutes
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
1/2 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 pounds pork pectoral meat
1/2 loaf bread (day old, chunks)
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tomatoes (large dice)
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 head fennel (julienne)
1/2 red onion (julienne)
1/2 cup cucumbers (seeded and sliced)
1/8 cup kalamata olives (sliced)
1/4 cup basil chiffonade
2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
1. Whisk together all ingredients for basting marinade.
2. Pour half over pork and let sit for 2 hours to overnight. Grill on hot grill basting and turning as necessary until internal temperature reaches 145F. Let rest and portion into 5 oz pieces.
3. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt in colander for 15 minutes.
4. Toss bread with oil and bake at 350F for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk together remaining ingredients and present on plate.
Courtesy of the National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa.