Sheet Pan Korean Pork Chops
Prep Time: 35 mins.
|4 bone-in pork chops (12-ounce, cut 1-inch thick)|
|1/4 cup honey|
|1/4 cup hot-and-sweet gochujang sauce|
|2 teaspoons fresh ginger (grated)|
|2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar|
|1 teaspoon Asian toasted sesame oil|
|nonstick cooking spray|
|8 ounces broccolini spears|
|3 rainbow carrots (medium, peeled and diagonally sliced ¼ inch thick)|
|3 tablespoons canola oil|
|toasted sesame seeds|
|sliced green onions (for garnish, optional)|
|cooked rice (for serving)|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels.
2. For the glaze, in a small bowl stir together honey, gochujang sauce, ginger, rice vinegar and sesame oil; set aside 1/3 cup.
3. Lightly spray 2 large rimmed baking pans with cooking spray. Place chops on one of the prepared pans. Brush pork chops with remaining glaze mixture.
4. In a large bowl toss broccolini and carrots with enough canola oil to lightly coat. Place, in a single layer, on the other prepared pan.
5. Roast pork chops and vegetables for to 15 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature of pork reaches 145°F and vegetables are crisp-tender.
6. Remove baking pans from oven. Loosely cover each with foil; let pork rest for 3 minutes. Brush chops half of the with the reserved glaze mixture. Arrange pork chops and vegetables on serving platter. Garnish with sesame seeds and/or green onions, if desired. Serve with remaining glaze and rice .
Courtesy of the National Pork Board, Des Moines, Iowa.